Home Front: A Memoir From WW II
This website tells stories about a special time in America. .. and we want your stories!
We are the last ones who can remember –
- The war – rationing, saving tin foil, working together, pride and patriotism
- The post war boom – full store shelves, housing developments, the fabulous 50s, the time before TV, a time when we all felt safe.
Don’t let those times be forgotten. It’s up to you!
We want your stories to share with others so that more can remember, some can learn and none will forget!
Click here to share your story!
Join us to remember, share and learn.
- From a January, 1944 advertisement by Swift brands of beef in Good Housekeeping WIFE! She knows that …Read More »
- By Pam Munson Steadman b. 1945 She walked into the college cafeteria avoiding his glance. He was cleaning …Read More »
- We were not alone in our use of propaganda posters!!Read More »