Home Front A Memoir From WW II
This website tells stories about a special time in America. .. and we want your stories!
We are the last ones who can remember –
- The war – rationing, saving tin foil, working together, pride and patriotism
- The post war boom – full store shelves, housing developments, the fabulous 50s, the time before TV, a time when we all felt safe.
Don’t let those times be forgotten. It’s up to you!
We want your stories to share with others so that more can remember, some can learn and none will forget!
Click here to share your story!
Join us to remember, share and learn.
- Jane Runyon calls these snippets ‘bits and bobs.’ . Mom remembers using gravy to make a stocking …Read More »
- Our friend Don Parker received this with no author credit. I’ll bet you remember lots of other …Read More »
- by Emil Bechler b. 1944 I was born in 1944 so I don’t remember much about the …Read More »