Home Front: A Memoir From WW II
This website tells stories about a special time in America. .. and we want your stories!
We are the last ones who can remember –
- The war – rationing, saving tin foil, working together, pride and patriotism
- The post war boom – full store shelves, housing developments, the fabulous 50s, the time before TV, a time when we all felt safe.
Don’t let those times be forgotten. It’s up to you!
We want your stories to share with others so that more can remember, some can learn and none will forget!
Click here to share your story!
Join us to remember, share and learn.
- My mother and I and my baby sister were left alone as soon as the war started. …Read More »
- I also grew up in New England during WWII, but before that, we were at Hickam Field, …Read More »
- We all knew when it was a troop train because of the color of the cars. …Read More »